Sunday, January 26, 2014

Matthew 27:46, Mark 15:34 (Jesus Called On the Muslim God?)

A MUSLIM, Ahmad Sha Untong, shared his MISCONCEPTION about MATTHEW 27:46 and MARK 15:34.

Untong said JESUS (the Christian God) CALLED on the GOD OF MUSLIMS.

This MUSLIM said:

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? " (Matthew 27:46).

"And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? " (Mark 15:34).

According to these parallel verses,

1. Jesus has a God.
2. Jesus claimed that he is forsaken by his God.

+++

Ahmad Sha Untong, ALLOW ME to REPEAT the CORRECTION to YOUR MISCONCEPTION of MATTHEW 27:46 and MARK 15:34.

The WORDS of the LORD JESUS in the TWO PARALLEL VERSES are NOT A DENIAL of HIS DIVINITY, as YOU WRONGLY CLAIM.

In the TWO VERSES, the LORD JESUS was QUOTING PSALM 22:2 (PSALM 22:1), the SONG OF THE OPPRESSED.

PSALM 22:2 READS:
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from helping me, from the words of my groaning?

WHY did JESUS QUOTE PSALM 22:2?

JESUS wanted to SHOW HIS UNITY with the OPPRESSED.

JESUS was TELLING the OPPRESSED: "DO NOT DESPAIR. YOU are NOT ALONE. I, GOD, AM WITH YOU. I, GOD, SUFFER WITH YOU."

JESUS was only STRESSING the MEANING of HIS "NAME" EMMANUEL, which means GOD IS WITH US.

MATTHEW 1:23
"Look, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall name him EMMANUEL," which means, "GOD IS WITH US."

In MATTHEW 1:23 (ISAIAH 7:14), GOD STRESSED that HE IS WITH US. WE are NOT LEFT ORPHANED. (JOHN 14:18)

That is why GOD HIMSELF BECAME MAN and SHARED in our HUMANITY. (JOHN 1:1, 14)

In SHARING in OUR HUMANITY, GOD WENT ALL THE WAY, by SHARING in OUR SUFFERINGS and even in OUR DEATH.

And, as GOD SAID IT in MATTHEW 27:46 and MARK 15:34, HE also SHARED in the OPPRESSION that WE BEAR.

THAT is the MEANING of "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? " (Matthew 27:46).

"And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? " (Mark 15:34).

THAT is NOT a DENIAL that JESUS is GOD.

THAT is a CONFIRMATION that GOD is TRULY WITH THOSE who BELIEVE and ACCEPT HIM.

I PRAY that YOU WILL ALSO ACCEPT GOD BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

I DO NOT WANT YOUR SOUL to GO to HELL.

No comments:

Post a Comment