Monday, May 19, 2014

Mark 12:29, Jesus Proves that He is God

MUSLIMS misquote Mark 12:29 to "prove" that Jesus is not God.

They claim that Jesus declared in the verse that "'Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one."

And by that, Muslims say Jesus "denies" that He is God.

WRONG.

+++

First, Jesus DID NOT DENY His divinity in Mark 12:29. (http://sagot-sa-balik-islam.blogspot.com/2014/01/mark-1229-jesus-denied-he-was-god.html)

Second, instead of denying His divinity, Jesus confirmed that HE was GOD when HE RECITED MARK 12:29.

In the verse, Jesus quoted DEUTERONOMY 6:4, which says, "Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God, the LORD is ONE."

Jesus was AFFIRMING that the LORD was GOD.

WHO was this "LORD" that DEUTERONOMY 6:4 was referring to?

He was the LORD who INTRODUCED HIMSELF to MOSES in EXODUS 3:13-14.

=========

EXODUS 3:13-14
But Moses said to God, "If I come to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' what shall I say to them?"

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." He said further, "Thus you shall say to the Israelites, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

=========

The LORD GOD in DEUTERONOMY 6:4 (MARK 12:29) is the "I AM" in EXODUS 3:13-14.

In JOHN 8:58, JESUS DECLARED that HE was the "I AM."

=========

 JOHN 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Very truly, I tell you, before Abraham was, I AM."

=========

Jesus DECLARED that He was the LORD GOD who INTRODUCED HIMSELF to MOSES.

Notice that JESUS SAID that He came "BEFORE" Abraham, who was the ANCESTOR of MOSES.

Obviously, GOD was the ONE who came BEFORE Abraham.

So, the DECLARATION of Jesus in JOHN 8:58 that HE was the "I AM" or the "LORD GOD" was CLEAR.

Therefore, when Jesus quoted MARK 12:29, He was simply declaring that HE was the ONE LORD, the ONE GOD, of ISRAEL.

MUSLIMS just DO NOT UNDERSTAND JESUS in MARK 12:29 because MUSLIMS are PREOCCUPIED with  FINDING FAULT in the BIBLE than UNDERSTANDING what the verse means.

No comments:

Post a Comment