MUSLIMS CANNOT DENY that Jesus Christ is the SON OF GOD and therefore GOD, so they try to MUDDLE the issue by claiming that other persons in the Bible who are CALLED “SON OF GOD” are also “GODS.”
This again demonstrates how Muslims are TRYING HARD to deny that fact that Jesus is GOD.
Here are the claims of Muslims:
- ADAM son of God. Luke 3:38. So Adam is god
- Israel (Jacob). First born son of god Exodus 4:22. So Israel is god
- Ephraim My first born son. Jeremiah 31:9-- three gods already.
- David -- begotten son of god Psalm 2:7--- four gods
- Solomon-- he shall be My son 1 Chronicle 22:10--. 5th gods
- Jesus. Begotten/beloved son
- Melchesedec -- son of god without beginning nor end of life. Hebrew 7:1-3
Muslims are MISLEADING themselves.
They are CONFUSING themselves by MIXING UP the meaning of being the TRUE, NATURAL SON of GOD with being only MADE INTO a SON OF GOD.
Being the TRUE SON of GOD is DIFFERENT from just being CALLED or MADE INTO a SON OF GOD.
The TRUE SON of GOD CAME OUT from GOD HIMSELF. He is a NATURAL SON who possesses the ONE and the SAME SUBSTANCE as GOD. He is JESUS CHRIST.
Those who were only MADE INTO SONS OF GOD DID NOT COME OUT of GOD. They are NOT NATURAL SONS OF GOD, but was merely ADOPTED or DECLARED as SONS.
A. NOT NATURAL SONS OF GOD
A. NOT NATURAL SONS OF GOD
Let us read the verses cited by Muslims to SHOW that these “SONS OF GOD” are NOT NATURAL SONS of GOD.
We wil show that the term “son of God” or “firstborn son” as used in these VERSES are FIGURATIVE and NOT LITERAL.
- Adam. Luke 3:38, “son of Enos, son of Seth, son of Adam, son of God.”
We know that Adam is NOT a NATURAL SON of God because he was only CREATED by God. (Genesis 2:7) Adam BECAME a “SON” because God was HIS ORIGINATOR or CREATOR.
- Israel (Jacob). Exodus 4:22, “Then you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the LORD: Israel is my firstborn son.”
Israel here is NOT the person JACOB—as falsely claimed by the Muslim—but is the PEOPLE of ISRAEL. God made this clear in Exodus 3:10, where He said, “So come, I will send you to Pharaoh to bring MY PEOPLE, the ISRAELITES, out of Egypt."
So, “firstborn son” in Exodus 4:22 is NOT about Israel being a NATURAL SON of God but GOD’S FIRST PEOPLE.
- Ephraim. Jeremiah 31:9, “With weeping they shall come, and with consolations I will lead them back, I will let them walk by brooks of water, in a straight path in which they shall not stumble; for I have become a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.”
The Ephraim mentioned here is NOT the person (the son of Joseph, son of Jacob). It refers to his DESCENDANTS, whom GOD considers the CONTINUATION of the PEOPLE of ISRAEL, God’s FIRSTBORN PEOPLE.
- David. Psalm 2:7, “I will tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to me, "You are my son; today I have begotten you.”
It is clear from the text that DAVID was ONLY MADE INTO a SON and was NOT a NATURAL SON of God. Notice the TIME (“TODAY”) when God “begot” or MADE David as His son.
A TRUE or NATURAL SON is NOT MADE. He GOES FORTH from his PARENT, as a child GOES FORTH from his MOTHER.
- Solomon. 1Chronicle 22:10, “He shall build a house for my name. He shall be a son to me, and I will be a father to him, and I will establish his royal throne in Israel forever.”
As with David, Solomon was also ONLY MADE INTO a SON. We know that the FATHER of Solomon is David and NOT GOD. So, Solomon is NOT a NATURAL SON of GOD.
Notice that God said that He would only MAKE Solomon into a son: “He SHALL BE a SON to me, and I WILL BE a FATHER to him.” Solomon is NOT a NATURAL SON of GOD.
- Melchesedec. Hebrew 7:1-3, “This "King Melchizedek of Salem, priest of the Most High God, met Abraham as he was returning from defeating the kings and blessed him"; and to him Abraham apportioned "one-tenth of everything." His name, in the first place, means "king of righteousness"; next he is also king of Salem, that is, "king of peace." Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever.
Hebrews 7:3 DOES NOT SAY that Melchesedec is a “SON OF GOD.” It only refers to him as “aphōmoiōmenos” or HAVING BEEN MADE LIKE the Son of God. Melchesedec was ONLY MADE LIKE the “Son of God” and was NOT a NATURAL SON of GOD.
So, it is CLEAR that NONE of these “sons of God” or “firstborn” of God were NATURAL SONS of GOD. They were only CALLED or MADE SONS by virtue of CREATION or by DECLARATION.
B. JESUS, ONLY SON OF GOD
GOD Himself PUBLICLY DECLARED that JESUS as His ONLY BELOVED SON.
And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, the Beloved, with whom I am well pleased."
Notice the pronoun “THIS.”
In Greek, the word for “this” is “OUTOS,” which refers ABSOLUTELY to the one being mentioned. Used in Matthew 3:17, it means that the SON being talked about POINTS ABSOLUTELY TO JESUS.
Also in the Greek, we read the phrase, “Οὗτός ἐστιν ὁ Υἱός μου” or “THIS (Οὗτός) is (ἐστιν) THE (ὁ) SON (Υἱός) OF ME (μου).”
Notice the DEFINITE ARTICLE “THE” or (ὁ) before the word “SON” (Υἱός). This DEFINITE ARTICLE points to Jesus as the ONLY SON of God and stresses that God has NO OTHER SON or SONS like Jesus.
So, by GOD’S OWN DECLARATION in Mathew 3:17, God is saying that He has ONLY ONE SON, Jesus Christ.
This truth is reflected in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that he gave his ONLY (Greek MONOGENE = ONLY BEGOTTEN) SON, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.”
C. JESUS CAME OUT FROM GOD THE FATHER
C. JESUS CAME OUT FROM GOD THE FATHER
Jesus declares that He is the TRUE and NATURAL SON of God when He says that He CAME OUT FROM THE FATHER.
Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I CAME [OUT] FROM GOD and now I am here. I did not come on my own, but he sent me.
for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I CAME [OUT] FROM GOD.
I CAME [OUT] FROM THE FATHER and have come into the world; again, I am leaving the world and am going to the Father."
The Greek word translated as “CAME OUT” is “exelthon,” which means TO COME OUT FROM a PLACE. (http://biblehub.com/greek/1831.htm)
And since, Jesus said that He “exelthon” FROM GOD of the FATHER, it shows that HE CAME OUT FROM GOD the FATHER HIMSELF.
Imagine AIR COMING OUT FROM a BALLOON. That AIR is COMING OUT FROM the VERY AIR that is in the BALLOON. Meaning, the AIR that is COMING OUT is the VERY SAME AIR FROM which IT IS COMING FROM. They are of ONE NATURE.
That is why when Jesus said that HE CAME OUT FROM the FATHER, He was saying that He was GOD who CAME OUT of GOD. And having COME OUT of GOD, He HAS ONE and the SAME NATURE as GOD.
This ONE and the SAME NATURE makes Jesus the ONE, TRUE NATURAL SON of GOD and is UNLIKE those who were ONLY MADE or DECLARED as “sons of God” who DO NOT SHARE God’s DIVINE NATURE.